Wild Giants fans dance around a bonfire at the corner of 22nd and Mission, jamming percussion on tin cans and street signs, pummeling them with skateboards, chanting and dancing, wild and ecstatic. Riot or street celebration? So far, the damage is only to property. But when a car plows into the crowd, things turn ugly. The mob reacts; the police arrive. Night sticks come out. Cameras flash. The new pose of civilian surveillance: hand up; phones out. Snap. Snap. We’ve come a long way, Baby, from Rodney King. A voice from the crowd offers sage advice: “Keep on stepping back, Man. You don’t want to get close to this!” Point well taken.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Other Blogs: Cool Brit Art Site Crab Wise
- One Big Tool…Really!
- Lichen that Beard!!!
- ‘Burban Street Art. Really!
- Super Spider Shelf Men…
- Art Peppers! That’s hot. Nice packages, too…
- SF Eagle sports cool vintage bar art. Texan digs it!
- Rural Dungeon Still Life/s: Part Two…
- Want a Big Cock? Try Radiation!
- Release the Kraken! Ancient and Contemporary Soft Homoerotic Tentacle Porn…really.