I saw this display of purple ties in a fiercely heterosexual part of upstate New York. The intended market was clearly not my queer self, nor my gay brothers…but the local breeders. Metrosexuality is still in, and if straight men in the burbs are willing to invest upwards of $75 for a purple tie (or a pink shirt, which were abundant in the display next to this one), I’m guessing this trend here to stay. Which is fine by me – men’s erstwhile color-phobia, that irrational fear that someone would think they were ladies (or lady-like) if they wore pink or purple has always seemed a little silly to me.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- San Francisco Leather Marshal elected at new SF Eagle!
- What? All Jobsites Should be…
- Tiny Town Queen Patty McGroin is Empress of San Francisco!
- Why the Pope REALLY resigned…really!
- Phabulous Phallic Cactus…really.
- What to Do When Your Car Conks Out…
- Pig! (you are what you eat)
- Happy Lunar New Year, Snakeboy!
- K9 Warning! Sight seen in Mendocino County.
- Love beats H8: “Marry Me, Man!” – Phelps family horrified, natch…