I saw this display of purple ties in a fiercely heterosexual part of upstate New York. The intended market was clearly not my queer self, nor my gay brothers…but the local breeders. Metrosexuality is still in, and if straight men in the burbs are willing to invest upwards of $75 for a purple tie (or a pink shirt, which were abundant in the display next to this one), I’m guessing this trend here to stay. Which is fine by me – men’s erstwhile color-phobia, that irrational fear that someone would think they were ladies (or lady-like) if they wore pink or purple has always seemed a little silly to me.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- The Phlip-side of the Phelps Phamily – Gay-friendly Nate! – Son of Dying Phred…
- Shop Sears…really! Young painter Justin Sears cool quirky big art on wood.
- Strange and sexy shelf Life – Dad of Dads and soiled Spanking…seriously.
- Hey, Daddy…nice shirt!
- Valentines Day is Nutz…
- Mayor of Folsom Street launches at Center for Sex and Culture
- Safe Sex Bang!
- Or the Stick…
- Jingle boys! Hot Leather Dad captures Santa skivvy run in SF Castro in cool seasonal video. Ho! Ho! Ho!
- Other Blogs: Cool Brit Art Site Crab Wise