Balbir Krishan was attacked on January 5th in New Delhi, India at a gallery at the Lalit Kala academy, where he was exhibiting his work. The masked attacker kicked the double-amputee artist, destroyed one of his paintings, and shouted anti-gay slurs before escaping. Kick a gimp, ruin some art and run…sounds like a real stand-up guy. The show, called Out Here and Now, focused on homosexuality as a theme, and Krishan had been getting angry phone calls in the days leading up to the incident. More on this story from The Advocate’s Neal Broverman here. From the Hindustani Times article by Aakriti Sawhney, here. And for Cali Manga artist JoJo Mendoco’s take on war, gay life and lost limbs, click here. This last one is NSFW!
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Other Blogs: Cool Brit Art Site Crab Wise
- One Big Tool…Really!
- Lichen that Beard!!!
- ‘Burban Street Art. Really!
- Super Spider Shelf Men…
- Art Peppers! That’s hot. Nice packages, too…
- SF Eagle sports cool vintage bar art. Texan digs it!
- Rural Dungeon Still Life/s: Part Two…
- Want a Big Cock? Try Radiation!
- Release the Kraken! Ancient and Contemporary Soft Homoerotic Tentacle Porn…really.