Ali Ahmad Asseri, the gay former first secretary of the Saudi consulate in Los Angeles, has been denied asylum by the US government. According to the Jerusalem Post: “Saudi officials…refused to renew his diplomatic passport and effectively terminated his job after discovering he was gay and was close friends with a Jewish woman.” Asseri then applied for asylum, arguing that he faced possible execution if forced to return to Saudi Arabia. The feds don’t seem to want to ruffle the feathers of their Saudi pals, so they are sending him back. Case closed. Next. For a list of countries where being a gay men is a capital offense punishable by death, click here.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Putin Out! Besos públicos en repudio a Putín.
- Urban Ore Men’s Toilet Art – Do You Give a Flying Fuck?
- Hey, Yoo! Great Korean Neo-Pop Public Art: Spider-Man with Morning Wood!
- Shhh…. Sneak! Preview…of The Mayor of Folsom Street.
- Godzilla and King Kong make out on Bearded Bear Chest.
- A Martyr in the Archive: The Life and Afterlife of Harvey Milk’s Suit
- The Phlip-side of the Phelps Phamily – Gay-friendly Nate! – Son of Dying Phred…
- Shop Sears…really! Young painter Justin Sears cool quirky big art on wood.
- Strange and sexy shelf Life – Dad of Dads and soiled Spanking…seriously.
- Hey, Daddy…nice shirt!