Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Bully pup offs skunk and turns toon!
- Putin Out! Besos públicos en repudio a Putín.
- Urban Ore Men’s Toilet Art – Do You Give a Flying Fuck?
- Hey, Yoo! Great Korean Neo-Pop Public Art: Spider-Man with Morning Wood!
- Shhh…. Sneak! Preview…of The Mayor of Folsom Street.
- Godzilla and King Kong make out on Bearded Bear Chest.
- A Martyr in the Archive: The Life and Afterlife of Harvey Milk’s Suit
- The Phlip-side of the Phelps Phamily – Gay-friendly Nate! – Son of Dying Phred…
- Shop Sears…really! Young painter Justin Sears cool quirky big art on wood.
- Strange and sexy shelf Life – Dad of Dads and soiled Spanking…seriously.
Category Archives: Rodeo
According to The Bear, rumor has it that Lorne Greene, on the right, was “family” and had a thing for Asian guys…
Sight seen at Elmer’s in Palm Springs. Restaurant decorated with historic photographs.
Don Coleman. Circa 1930s. Cowboy. Silent Movie Star. Rancher. Saddle Bronc Champ. And local boy. Mural in downtown Willits. Mendocino County in Northern California. For a real cowboy in Willits, click here. For an even older cowboy, here.
Photo postcard published by Chas. E. Morris, Chinook Montana, 1906. Early color process. Collection of Gay Highwaymen.
Have a ball! It’s the original sack lunch. They are called Testicle Festivals or Ball Balls, and they are popular annual events across the American West. It’s how young bulls become steers. Following the mass castrations of male cattle, local communities come together to feast on their excised gonads: the famed “Rocky Mountain” or “Prairie” oysters. Yum! Here, an avid nutter goes for his favorite dish. Most people cook them. This dude is hard core! Festivals range from the drunk and rowdy to the strangely evangelical and family-oriented. “Have a Ball for Jesus!” is the slogan of one Texas fest. Thanks to Jake Hale for sending us down this road. For more strange food, click here.