Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Putin Out! Besos públicos en repudio a Putín.
- Urban Ore Men’s Toilet Art – Do You Give a Flying Fuck?
- Hey, Yoo! Great Korean Neo-Pop Public Art: Spider-Man with Morning Wood!
- Shhh…. Sneak! Preview…of The Mayor of Folsom Street.
- Godzilla and King Kong make out on Bearded Bear Chest.
- A Martyr in the Archive: The Life and Afterlife of Harvey Milk’s Suit
- The Phlip-side of the Phelps Phamily – Gay-friendly Nate! – Son of Dying Phred…
- Shop Sears…really! Young painter Justin Sears cool quirky big art on wood.
- Strange and sexy shelf Life – Dad of Dads and soiled Spanking…seriously.
- Hey, Daddy…nice shirt!
Category Archives: Beards
Blogger Bears Jorge Vieto and Gryphon Van Der Hole. Subspecies: California Single-tail Pocket Bear and Giant Electric Midwestern Ginger. Feeding at Rocco’s Cafe in San Francisco’s South of Market District.
One of this sites most popular posts asks: Leather or not? Is SF Giants star pitcher Brian Wilson kinky? Is The Beard gay? If he isn’t, he sure knows our codes! Now he is the poster bear for Beef Bar, a Bearracuda event happening at Truck. November 12th at Folsom and 15th in San Francisco. There will be shower bears…
I heart Covelo. Seeing them seeing us seeing them at the annual blackberry festival. In the remote hills of Northern California’s Emerald Triangle. Three decades of music, mischief, munchies…et cetera, et whatever else grows there…
Eric Robinson’s wet-plate ambrotypes will be showing as part of QIY: Queer It Yourself, which opens Saturday at SOMArts. The exhibit presents alternative, queer, do-it-yourself processes and projects, collaborations, zines, posters, green architecture, activist interventions and recuperations of low-tech media. Robinson took his 19th century kit (big awkard camera, portable darkroom, an array of chemicals, beakers and trays…) to the Dore “Up Your Alley” Fair in 2010, supplementing a series of portraits of Leathermen that he began the previous year. Images from that series will be on exhibit. More on Robinson here, here, here and here.
QIY is part of the National Queer Arts Festival. This year’s theme is A Sustainable Queer Planet. More on the festival here and more soon. QIY opens Saturday, June 4th with a reception from 1pm until 4pm. SOMArts is located at 934 Brannan at 8th St. in San Francisco. The gallery is tucked under the freeway, just to the east of the Trader Joe’s complex.
This Ready to Bare site’s promo describes itself as a site dedicated to Queer Culture , Art, Community, Discussion & Celebrity Interviews. Regularly entertaining, Accidental Bear features the Hair Ball of the Day. Big fun for fur fans!