Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Uriner no Ruiner – Recyle What?
- Glory Hole Sports! Really.
- Inking the Bear – words and images
- San Francisco Leather Marshal elected at new SF Eagle!
- What? All Jobsites Should be…
- Tiny Town Queen Patty McGroin is Empress of San Francisco!
- Why the Pope REALLY resigned…really!
- Phabulous Phallic Cactus…really.
- What to Do When Your Car Conks Out…
- Pig! (you are what you eat)
Category Archives: Collecting
“Get it off after getting it off” – so reads the slogan. Market that thing! Among the oddities of my heterosexual brother’s recent worldly remains: a throw-away cum rag, intended (as the publicity stresses) to clean up love’s messy moments…huh…heir to a personal wipe. Ok. His license plate read G.M.S.H. That didn’t stand for “Green Miata So Hot” – which is what he told the DMV. No, it meant “Give Me Some Head.”
He was Fred and now he’s dead. From a character to a case number just like that…cremation number 39342. Conveniently packaged for easy transportation. Resting in pieces. Goodbye, my brother.
Rik Lee and Alan Guttirez at the opening of Tough Love. Show-n-Tell with artists and collectors on Sunday, September 16th. Bring something to share! Art in the background by Michael Palmer, Dennis Kennedy and Jim Leff.
Preview shot of It Came from Outside! At Big Umbrella Studios in San Francisco. Good art, good cause, good grief! Curated by resident coy bad boy koi artist and queer street art historian Jeremy Novy.
It came from Outside! – is an art show and sale benefitting an after school program dedicated to teaching urban renewal through mural and graffiti projects. Curated by Jeremy Novy, this exhibit of street art and more opens Friday, September 14th at Big Umbrella Studios on Divisadero Street in San Francisco. Gay Highwaymen has donated a two-sided, mixed media Tough Love stencil (It’s No/All a Game) with hand-lettering on a game board. For the origins of the Leather David icon, click here.
Novy’s cool take-off of a Warhol soup can is on display with a lot of his other stencil work at Tough Love. They are scattered throughout the show here and there: a nod to the furtive nature of street art. And these three are installed over the Exit sign…another Art World in-joke for those who know why museums always make visitors…exit through the gift shop!
Hot Hard Sailor Boy! Biron of SF in “Tough Love” – 50 Years of Masculine Homoerotic Art of SF Bay Area
This hot portrait of Johnny Harden is acrylic on shaped plywood. Circa 1983 by Kabbaz. From the collection of David Barnard, this big boy measures 37″ x 37″ and will be on display in September 2012 in San Francisco at Tough Love