I woke up to news of snow this morning – my mother in Southern New England sent me a photo of her house buried in 10 inches of October snow. She reports that “We have no heat, no electricity, are melting snow for water to flush the toilets (the cat finds the buckets of snow very interesting), and are using the camp stove to cook. All of the inconvenience of camping with none of the fun. Plus, we had to shovel the driveway and chainsaw the fallen trees off of it.”
In the spirit of Schadenfreude, I was preparing to take a picture of California palm trees and sunshine to send back her way, but I found a more suitable scene to capture on my way to the Civic Center Farmers Market. Yes, it was rapidly melting and surrounded by people in shorts, but I did find snow in San Francisco. (I believe there was some kind of snowboarding event this morning.)
So, in a mixture of solidarity and Schadenfreude, I sent my mom (and now the Gay Highwaymen) this image.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- San Francisco Leather Marshal elected at new SF Eagle!
- What? All Jobsites Should be…
- Tiny Town Queen Patty McGroin is Empress of San Francisco!
- Why the Pope REALLY resigned…really!
- Phabulous Phallic Cactus…really.
- What to Do When Your Car Conks Out…
- Pig! (you are what you eat)
- Happy Lunar New Year, Snakeboy!
- K9 Warning! Sight seen in Mendocino County.
- Love beats H8: “Marry Me, Man!” – Phelps family horrified, natch…