Happy New Year! Everyone knows seminal Leather artist Tom of Finland, but there were a lot of other artists who were his contemporaries and who worked in a similar vein. One of the other stars was “Etienne” – the nom d’art of Chicago-based Leatherman Dom Orejudos. Read Durk Dehner’s article on his work at the website of the Leather Archives and Museum. Tom and Dom had a mutual admiration society as artists, and maintained a correspondence. And The Texan recalls that back in the day Etienne was “a big old bottom.” Here’s his rendition of a very festive holiday party. Bottoms up and best to All in the New Year!
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Attempted Gay (Fake) Weddings: Valentine’s Day news from China
- Uriner no Ruiner – Recyle What?
- Glory Hole Sports! Really.
- Inking the Bear – words and images
- San Francisco Leather Marshal elected at new SF Eagle!
- What? All Jobsites Should be…
- Tiny Town Queen Patty McGroin is Empress of San Francisco!
- Why the Pope REALLY resigned…really!
- Phabulous Phallic Cactus…really.
- What to Do When Your Car Conks Out…
- Pig! (you are what you eat)